Friday, October 14, 2011

Revenge of Freedom Fridays

Today Stan and I stuck close to home, lunching at Charlie's Pantry in Studio City. It's a kind of mini-Dean and Deluca... small marketplace, coffee, muffins, scones and a lovely sandwich, soup and salad menu. I am a die-hard egg salad fanatic, so I tried theirs, and it was mighty tasty. I usually prefer my egg salad minced, so there aren't any huge chunks of egg white... and though theirs was slightly chunkier than I am used to, the seasonings and celery made it scrumptious. It comes on toasted brioche bread with iceberg lettuce. Stan got the Studio Club with organic chicken breast, and that was very straightforward and quite good too. We'll definitely go back; I'm anxious to try more things on their diverse menu! They serve breakfast all day every day, and since that's my favorite meal, I'll be trying their stuffed french toast. They also have homemade matzo ball soup! All of this is served in a very bright, cheery room with marble tables and ceiling fans. Ahhhhhhh.

So far, the grilled cheese truck wins for Best Freedom Friday Lunch so far! Stay tuned. Next week... Clementine.

No comments:

Post a Comment